If you are a:
A disruptor, a mover, and a shaker
- A social entrepreneur who is using their business for good
Directing profits for purpose to positively affect people and planet
...then this place is for you!
We are piloting a CHANGEMAKERS forum - think of it like a support group meets mastermind group meets social entrepreneurship!
Every month a group of 8-12 social entrepreneurs will meet for 2 hours in a curated setting that encourages discussions around stretch goals, innovative problem solving and shared learnings.
This forum is free; you commit to showing up for 2 hours a month for 6 months, support and share with your peers and provide honest feedback on the pilot.
Our commitment is to support your growth by providing curated content and, a space for conversation, in addition to connecting you with industry mentors and like-minded people to grow your business and community.
TOP 7 Reasons You Should Join a CHANGEMAKERS Forum
- LIKE-MINDED: Meet a curated bunch of like-minded social entrepreneurs who are running their organization for purpose to benefit people and/or planet.
- COLLABORATION IS THE NEW COMPETITION: Once you are involved with the forum, that feeling of "being alone" while running your business goes away. All group members end up becoming business advisers of sorts for each other. You may find someone in the group that is a perfect fit to work on a project with you and you may be the perfect person to help another member as well.
- YOUR NETWORK EXPANDS: Think of the people you know, imagine 11 other people coming to the table with all of their connections! Joining a CHANGEMAKERS forum expands your network exponentially! So when you are stuck or need a referral, usually someone knows someone who knows someone! And if they don’t, we'll find you that introduction.
- EVERYONE HAS A SKILL: Every person has a unique skill, experience or connection. By interacting and sharing your challenges, it's almost certain that someone in your group will have a solution for you. Your own skills and background may provide a needed solution, connection or tactic for another group member.
- BUILD COMMUNITY: Give before you get - that’s how it works in community. You will most likely find ways to help each other by using or becoming clients of eachother’s business or finding ways to help each other through promoting to your respective networks.
- WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK: Because you are with like-minded people, they get you, understand your struggles and your wins and such have your back on this adventure.
- THINK BIGGER: Being in a CHANGEMAKERS will definitely make you want to shake things up, to grow, to push boundaries and go out and solve some of the world’s biggest problems. You can't help but think bigger and stretch beyond your boundaries when surrounded by amazing people doing amazing things and holding each other accountable towards their individualized goals.
Think of CHANGEMAKERS as your go-to group of like-minded people who understand and have experienced what you are going through.
You will also get exclusive access to an exclusive panel of CHANGEMAKER Industry Experts who are experienced in either business, social good, social enterprise, financials, & long lawyer documents. You’ll meet with people who understand what you are going through and can be a great sounding board to support your growth.
When does the CHANGEMAKERS Forum start?
We will be kicking off a test pilot in the fall and will continue to accept registration on a rolling basis.
In Southern Alberta the forum will be held the 2nd week of every month and in Northern Alberta will be the 3rd week of every month for 6 months from 12 to 2 p.m..
Although these types of meetings work best when members are physically present, we know that’s not always possible.
f you have a webcam, live in Alberta, and are a social entrepreneur with a good internet connection, we invite you to apply!
How can I apply?
Please fill out this application form, and we’ll contact you to arrange a phone interview.
Please note we curate each group to ensure there are no competing businesses and complimentary skill sets. As a result, not everyone who applies will be accepted for the pilot project, if it's is successful, we will reach out with the official launch information.
To be a CHAGEMAKER, you must:
- Be ALL IN running your organization full-time
- Commit to attending ALL forums during the 6-month period, either in person or virtually.